Saturday, April 19, 2008

Proverbs 3:5&6

I'm Running Out of Time!!
We are up to Proverbs in Seminary and I want to do right by it. I only have about 1 month left to teach the rest of the Old Testament!
I love this scripture in Proverbs because I KNOW my life goes better when I depend on the Lord and not on myself!! It especially helps while I've been teaching seminary. I totally need his help and feel so dependant on him to help me help these young people understand his ways!!!
The other chapter I love in Proverbs is 31. Although it can have a tendency to make us women feel a little overwhelmed!!! It doesn't have to. vs 26, 27, 28, are especially helpful. Then in vs 30: .....a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised ~ 31:......let her works praise her.
I inserted this quote on this page of the scriptures. It's from a book I read a long time ago. "She accepted herself as she was and therefore accepted others. The secret of her calm seemed to be that she was not trying to prove anything. She was ~ that was all."
So much to learn!
I love the words of the Lord ~ I feel his love for us and am thankful for the chance to know and study more.

2 comments:

Denise, Walt Bresg said...

I love that quote Cind, its so true - If we cant love and accept ourselves as we are, how can we do thesame to others. Its usually a struggle though. Why does it take 50 years to figure out who we are and love that person?????
Love you sister

The Frechette's said...

I love that your teaching the Old Testament!! There are so many rich stories and applications and so many things that point to Jesus, it's awesome! The proverbs 31 woman is definitely something worth striving for and yet resting in the Lord that we are acceptable to Him because of what Jesus has done (what a dichotomy). My favorite is verse 30... "But a woman who fears the Lord, she is to be praised"