Saturday, April 19, 2008

And the Goblins Will Get You if You Don't Watch Out!


When I was young my great grandma Harris would recite poetry to me. I loved it and as soon as she was done with one I'd ask for another, and another ..... The last time I saw her I asked her to recite "Two Christmases and Little Orphan Annie", my favorites. So, when I had kids I decided to carry on the telling and memorized those two poems plus one "Katsenstein" (a dr. Seuss book) And a short one, A mouse chased my cat, now what do you think of that? Just look at her there sitting under the chair. That old scarredy cat that lives in my house, just ran away from a teeny tiny mouse! My mom believes it's true. She ran from the mouse too! Anyway, while I was in Utah I decided it was time to share with my darlings the Little Orphan Annie poem. I was a little worried cause of the part that says "And the Goblins will get you if you don't watch out!" But, when I finished, Baylee piped up "I'll watch out!" That was the greatest!!!

3 comments:

Denise, Walt Bresg said...

What a great thing to pass on Cindy, because it was something Grandma Harris did and passed to you. I so loved Pearl. I remeber the last time i heard you say that was at the Dahlberg family reunion in 1982. We were at Spanaway park. Crystal and Nicole were just wee babies. Love you sister

Jennie said...

I love that! I'm going to have to get a copy of the whole thing someday :) Baylee still reminds me that she's watching out! Love you!

Annette & Ellsworth Curran said...

It has been a long time since I last heard you recite those poems of Grandma Harris' - I remember that you did such a great job - I'm sure Grandma Harris is so very proud of you and I know Grandma Dahlberg and her daughter are also.
Love, Mom