Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We had a long visit!!

Nicole, Brydon & kids came to WA. for Brydon's younger bros. wedding. They stayed up in Seattle for the wknd of Oct 17, 18 & 19. Then Brydon had to fly home but Sis & kids got to come here. They were gonna stay till Thurs. the 23, but somehow we got to keep them until Tues. the 28th!!!!



What a glorious visit it was. When I got home from taking them to the airport it was so quiet it was deafening (does that make sense?) We miss the noise & the toys spread all over, the drawings everywhere, all the dirty clothes, & the muddy boots, especially the muddy boots!!! We went on allot of walks, played with the dogs (Logan adopted them as his, but I told him he'd have to share Koti with you Baylee Ellen!!) We went to the punkin patch, carved the punkins, rode motorcycles, played in grammies hot tub, checked out Jesse Wayne's many forts, read stories, ate, swang on Uncle Neil's swings, and had lots of visits from Whitney and Tyler. I think we are a couple of boobs!!! Yesterday I found a pair of little underwear left in the dryer that we now have as a centerpiece on the kitchen table.........there's a dried up bouquet of dandelions at the back door that I don't dare touch ~another monument~

3 comments:

J. Baxter said...

Ummm, Cindy? I can totally fix that whole quiet/lack of mud/lack of laundry problem. I have four children who excel in both noise and dirt! Anytime you want them, I am willing to sacrifice!

(Because I'm an awesome friend like that;)

Mary said...

Cindy, I totally relate to the quiet emptiness when our babies leave! It sound like you had a memorable time. Hey, how does this Friday, November 7th look like for a visit? Ron will be out of town and I have that day off

Denise, Walt Bresg said...

ah, i got teary, how sad, underpants as the table centerpiece, but i understand. How great they got to come and stay for a bit. Isnt it precious. My one little guy just lives 45 minutes away and i dont get to see him like i would like. I HATE work!