Saturday, May 10, 2008

Out to dinner with Mary


Mary Alice was the first friend I ever remember having. We met when we were about 5. I don't think she realizes what a blessing she was for me. It's interesting how you're guided through life by others. I owe her so much for loving and caring about me all these years. Last night Arlin took me out to dinner ~he knows going out to dinner isn't really my favorite thing and I couldn't understand why this was such a big deal to him~ It's his fav thing to do (besides going to a show, etc. etc.) Anyway, he was kinda funny about it all and I just thought, go along with it..... he's trying to make a nice evening, just enjoy it. Well, we got there and the hostess said "table for 4?" when she sat us. I looked at Arlo and said who? He told me not to worry about it. So I worried!!! I wasn't dressed well, my hair was crazy, who the heck???? Why is he surprising me??? Is it my kids???? My stomach started going crazy!!!! Then Mary Alice and her husband Ron walked in! I thought I was going to fall on the floor. I think the look on my face must have really entertained them!! I was very surprised (pleasantly!!!) Arlin couldn't have done a better thing for me (well except having the kids here) We had the best visit, about 3 hours there in the Restaurant. I will have to say, that food was Good! ANTHONY'S in Olympia, down on the water. Yummy!! The burnt cream was the best!!!! Thank you Mary. You're the best. To me you always will be! I love you!!!!

I think we were about 12 here.

Mary & Me with her little Bros. Billy & Brent

5 comments:

Jennie said...

How fun! I love the picture of you two in the photo booth! You remind me of Sis! :) Love you!

Denise, Walt Bresg said...

that was so great of Arlin - good job bro. You are so blessed to have a good friend that long. I know Walt has a few of those that hes known since grade school - i think its really special. I have some really great close friends now that i have met within the last 20-30 years, and they are very special too, not anyone from grade school though. love you

Skeem's said...

good job daddy how fun. I am glad you got to see her. I wish it would have been us:) but soon, right!!! I love you mommy.
Sis

Denise, Walt Bresg said...

Cind, TAP stands for Talent, Ashland, Phoenix beauties. That was when we all lived in those places, we are a little more spread out now but kept the name. love you

Mary said...

Cindy~you're the best! And so is Arlin for making that happen! We love you guys and look forward to more time together! We're really not too much older, we're just better. Right? I love the pictures and remember the times like they were yesterday. Thank you for your life long friendship! I Love you! Mary